Master of Yachts 200gt (Limited or Offshore) Bridging Course to the Australian Master up to 24m Near Coastal
Convert your Master of Yachts 200ton (Limited or Unlimited) certification to the Australian Master up to 24m Near Coastal Certification and Captain Australian registered commercial and private yachts within the Australian Exclusive Economic Zone.
IYT Master of Yachts 200ton to Australian Master up to 24m NC Bridging Course
If you would like to work as Master/Captain/Skipper on Australian registered commercial vessels up to 24m in Australian coastal waters and you have an International Yacht Training Master of Yachts 200 tons (limited or offshore) certificate for Sail or Motor driven vessels you can take a 6 day bridging course to qualify for the examination.
What will the Master up to 24m Near Shore Certificate allow you to do?
- Command an Australian registered commercial vessel up to 24m long in Australia's exclusive economic zone (EEZ)
- Act as chief mate or deck watchkeeper on an Australian registered commercial vessel up to 35m long in Australia's exclusive economic zone (EEZ)
- Act as chief mate or deck watchkeeper on an Australian registered commercial vessel up to 80m long in Australian inshore waters
What are the minimum entry requirements to apply for the Master of Yachts 200 gt to the Master up to 24m Near Coastal Course?
- You must have an IYT Master of Yachts 200T (Limited or Offshore) certificate completed with Superyacht Crew Academy AFTER 2008. Your Master of Yachts 200ton Certificates (including related STCW and VHF radio) must be revalidated if they are over 5 years old.
- 120 days of qualifying sea service in the 5 years before the application on commercial vessels over 7.5m long, and completed an approved task book; or
- 600 days of qualifying sea service in the previous 5 years, of which:
- at least half must be accrued on vessels over 7.5m long; and
- at least half must be accrued on commercial vessels; and
- up to half may be accrued on recreational vessels over 5m long
- MARI002 – Observe regulations to ensure safe operation of a vessel up to 80m
- MARB004 – Perform routine maintenance on a vessel up to 24m
- MARB005 – Slip or dock a vessel and maintain hull on a vessel up to 80m
- MARH005 – Use wheelhouse equipment for safe navigation
- MARJ002 – Monitor environmental management on a vessel
Completing the course does not guarantee passing the exam. We will teach you everything you need to know to pass, but actually passing the exam depends on you, your performance and the amount of study you are prepared to put in.
Superyacht Training Location
The course is run from our Marina Office in Newport NSW Australia and the Superyacht Crew Academy Training Facility at 8 Kalinya Street, Newport. The facilities are a 45min drive North of Sydney’s CBD. To see a map of how to find us, CLICK HERE
How much does the bridging course cost?
Sign on now!
All fields on the form are required.
If you do not have one of the items, for example a mobile phone or skype or a fax put an "X" in the box.