Superyacht Master of Yachts 200 gt Unlimited (Ocean) Course
Work as a professional captain on international voyages on superyachts
If you would like to work as a Master/Captain/Skipper on the world's finest super yachts, then The Superyacht Crew Academy, a partnership school of International Yacht Training Worldwide, offers a Master of Yachts 200 gt (Unlimited) Course for Sail or Motor driven vessels to enable you to do just that.
IYT Certificates are MCA recognized allowing you to find employment on super yachts registered in 25 countries around the world no matter where the yacht is located. All commercial charter vessels require certified masters/captains and crew. Most insurance companies now require that all paid crew have MCA approved yachtmaster certificates and the STCW95 courses.
NEW: If you plan to charter in Italy, Greece, Croatia, Portugal, Spain, Turkey, Poland, Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia on any inland waterways in Europe you will also need to have an International Certificate of Competency. This course will enable you to apply for the ICC endorsements appropriate to your sea time experience.
What will the Master of Yachts 200 gt (Unlimited) certificate allow you to do?
This certification extends the Master of Yachts 200 tons (limited) ticket for international ocean passages.
Master of Yachts 200 gt (Limited) Certificate
Proof of sea time of an OCEAN (not Coastal) voyage of at least 600
Do you need to have a specified amount of mileage and/or sea time before taking the course?
No more than for the Master of Yachts 200 tons (Limited) Certificate
What are the requirements for a Master of Yachts 200 gt (Unlimited) certificate to be issued?.
- Completion of the Master of Yachts 200 tons (Ocean) Theory Course
- Written examination on the celestial syllabus, plus a two hour passage plan to be prepared under examination conditions in the classroom on the last, (6th) day of the course.
- Sights will be taken by all candidates during the course and reduced.
- Candidates will be required to create an ocean passage plan of at least 600nm along with relevant sun sight preparations.
- Celestial sun and star sights training
- IYT Master of Yachts 200tons Ocean Theory, Theory Exam on Sun, Planets & Stars; Practical Sights of Sun Run Sun or Sun Run Meridian; and Passage Plan.
Please note that partaking in and completing the course does not give you a guarantee of passing the exam. We will teach you everything you need to know to pass, but actually passing the exam depends on you, your performance and the amount of study you are prepared to put in.
How long is the course?
Sea & Shore Based training – 6 days
- Bound IYT MOY Ocean Theory Manual
- Course charts and tables, navigation equipment
- Fully provisioned meals on practical live aboard
- Boat accommodation during theory course
- IYT/MCA recognised Certificate upon successfully passing the exam
(We recommend that you take out Travel Insurance to safeguard you against the unlikely circumstances of your needing to cancel a course booking or unforeseen medical emergencies)
To convert Australian Dollars to your currency CLICK HERE
All fields on the form are required. If you do not have one of the items, for example a mobile phone or skype or a fax put an "X" in the box.