Master of yachts 200gt (Unlimited)
MCA approved International Yacht Training (IYT) Superyacht Crew Academy Maritime Captain and First Mate Course
Captain superyachts registered in 23 countries, on international voyages.
IYT master of yachts 200ton (Unlimited)
The IYT Master of Yachts 200ton (Unlimited) training programme will qualify you for the MCA approved, internationally recognised Master of Yachts 200 gt (Unlimited) Certificate, enabling you to crew to a rank of Captain on super yachts registered in 23 countries around the world no matter where the yacht is located and to captain the vessel on international voyages.
This certification will allow you to work as:
- Master/Captain/Skipper or Chief Mate on commercial and private vessels up to 200 ton displacement, in all oceans,
- Chief Mate of 500 ton vessels up to 150 nautical miles offshore,
- Officer of the Watch of 500 ton vessels in all oceans.
Superyacht Captains are responsible for the safe operation of the vessel in port and at sea, including all operational decisions, navigation, docking, anchoring, maneuvering the vessel and dealing with port and government officials. Captains are also personal assistants to the owner, yard & project managers when coordinating refit & new build projects, financial accountants for crews salaries, charter expenditures, and personnel recruitment agents. Captains are in charge of every aspect of yacht management.
The Captain sets the tone & image for the yacht by finding a way of commanding a productive & contented crew. A sound engineering background usually assists in the smooth mechanical operations onboard. The Engineer & Captain work hand in hand to maintain the highest levels of marine safety for all onboard. MCA/STCW 95+10/USCG/ IYT/DOT licensed & insurable for foreign flagged vessels & USL licensed vessels whether it is motor or sail become pre-requisites for Insurance companies.
Three Certifications with one course:
The Master of Yachts 200gt course, and the bridging course, provide the full Australian Master up to 24 m Near Coastal training required by the Australian Roads and Maritime Services Certificate of Competency - you get two certifications with one course! click here for more information on the bridging course..
If you plan to skipper a vessel in Italy, Greece, Croatia, Portugal, Spain, Turkey, Poland, Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia on any inland waterways in Europe you will also need to have an International Certificate of Competency. This course will enable you to apply for the ICC endorsements Sail -24m, -80gt & Power -10m or Power -24m, -80gt depending on which endorsement you select.
Master of Yachts 200ton (Unlimited) Prerequisites
- You must hold a Valid and current IYT Master of Yachts 200 ton (Limited) Certificate
- Proof of sea time of an OCEAN (not Coastal) voyage of either 2 trips of 250 miles, or 1 trip of 500 miles 20 miles or more from the coast.
The passage plan made for the qualifying voyage will be used in the course for review and debriefing purposes. We strongly recommend you do the passage/s be prior to the course. You may do the voyage(s) after the course but doing it first will greatly improve your chances of a successful course outcome).
To complete the Master of Yachts 200 ton (Unlimited) certification you will also need to:
- Complete the Master of Yachts 200 ton (Unlimited) Theory Course
- Pass a written examination on the celestial syllabus
- Prepare a two hour passage plan under examination conditions in the classroom on the last, (6th) day of the course.
- Take and reduce sextant sights during the course.
- Create an ocean passage plan of at least 600nm along with relevant sun sight preparations.
The main features of the IYT Master of Yachts 200ton (Unlimited) training course
- Celestial sun and star sights training
- IYT Master of Yachts 200tons Ocean Theory, Theory Exam on Sun, Planets & Stars; Practical Sights of Sun Run Sun or Sun Run Meridian; and Passage Plan.
Sea & Shore Based training – 6 days
Completing the course does not guarantee passing the exam. We will teach you everything you need to know to pass, but actually passing the exam depends on you, your performance and the amount of study you are prepared to put in.
Superyacht Training Location
The course is run from the Superyacht Crew Academy's training annex at Warriewood NSW. The facilities are a 45min drive North of Sydney’s CBD. To see a map of how to find us, CLICK HERE
- Bound IYT MOY Ocean Theory Manual
- Course charts and tables, navigation equipment
- Fully provisioned meals on practical live aboard
- Boat accommodation during theory course
- IYT/MCA recognised Certificate upon successfully passing the exam
To convert Australian Dollars to your currency CLICK HERE
Sign on now!
All fields on the form are required.
If you do not have one of the items, for example a mobile phone or skype or a fax put an "X" in the box.