STCW 95/10 MCA Approved Proficiency in First Aid (3 Days) & Proficiency in Medical Care (5 days)
Medical Care on board STCW 95/10 course, MedAire training and certification for medical emergencies.
First Aid and Medical Care training will move you to the head of the line for getting hired for any Superyacht Crew position.
Training for Medical Emergencies at Sea
Medical emergencies on board a yacht at sea require quick and accurate responses.
MedAire, an International SOS company teams up with the Superyacht Crew Academy to provide First Aid and Medical Care training for superyacht crews to recognise and manage illness and injuries.
Medical experts, who understand remote medical care and the stringent maritime regulations, developed the MedAire training packages to provide hands-on, comprehensive medical instruction, specifically tailored for superyacht crews.
- Recognize, manage and cope with illness and injury (i.e., asthma, burns, cardiac arrest, choking, shock, etc.)
- Find and use onboard medical equipment
- Practice a medical scenario by calling MedAire’s MedLink Global Response Center
- Study the most current medical issues
- Manage patient care based on real-life medical events
|Training Programme||Certificate approval||Length of Course|
|STCW’95 Proficiency in Medical First Aid||MCA / USCG||3 days|
|STCW’95 Proficiency in Medical Care on Board||MCA / USCG||5 days|
Crew members may attend 3 days or 5 days of training depending on the certification required.
Proficiency in Medical First Aid On Board (3-day)
The three-day course provides training in basic first aid and graduates will receive a MCA Approved Proficiency in First Aid Certificate.
The three-day course curriculum includes:
- Dealing with medical emergencies
- Resuscitation & CPR
- Timeline of Survival
- Casualty handling and the unconscious casualty
- Bleeding, wounds and injuries
- Head injuries, fractures & dislocation
- Soft tissue injuries
- Spinal injuries
Proficiency in Medical Care On Board (5-day)
Applicants for the five-day course must have a Proficiency in First Aid certification taken within the past 5 years. Graduates of the 5 day course will thus have a total of 8 days of training required for an MCA Approved Masters in Medical Care certificate.
The five-day course curriculum includes:
- An introduction to MedAire and the MedLink Service
- Anatomy and physiology
- Medical and traumatic emergencies
- Marine injuries and poisonings
- Onboard oxygen treatment
- Travel medicine
- Precautions and protection from blood borne pathogens and infectious disease
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and use of the Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Patient assessment
- Medical kit review
- Wound management
- Invasive procedures
- Ongoing patient care
Superyacht Training Location
The course is run from our Marina Office in Newport NSW Australia and the Superyacht Crew Academy Training Facility at 8 Kalinya Street, Newport. The facilities are a 45min drive North of Sydney’s CBD. To see a map of how to find us, CLICK HERE
3 days STCW 95+10 Proficiency in First Aid Onboard Ship- AUD $850
5 days STCW 95+10 Proficiency in Medical Care Onboard Ship- AUD $1,200
Both courses are MCA approved
To convert Australian Dollars to your currency CLICK HERE
Sign on now!
All fields on the form are required.
If you do not have one of the items, for example a mobile phone or skype or a fax put an "X" in the box.