Master up to 24m Near Coastal (Master Class 5) to Master of Yachts 200ton (Limited) Offshore Crossover Course
Upgrade your Australian Master 24m NC ticket to a Master of Yachts 200ton (Limited) certification and Captain superyachts registered in 23 countries wherever they might be.
Australian Master up to 24m NC Crossover to IYT Master of Yachts 200ton (Limited)
If you would like to expand your horizons and work as a Master/Captain/Skipper on the world's finest super yachts anywhere in the world, you can now upgrade your Master up to 24m NC certification to an International Yacht Training certified Master of Yachts 200 tons (limited) Offshore for Sail or Motor driven vessels.
The Master of Yachts 200ton (Limited) certification is for the rank of Master/Captain/Skipper on commercial and private vessels up to 200 gt displacement up to 150 miles offshore. You will be certified to work as First Mate on vessels over 200 tons, or more than 150 miles offshore.
master 5 to Master of Yachts 200ton (Limited) crossover requirements
For SINGLE (Power) Endorsement
- Successfully complete the IYT Online Business & Maritime Law E-Learning exam
- You must have a valid unrestricted AMSA Master <24m NC certificate. If your rating is over 5 years old you will need to renew it.
- A mandatory, short phone interview will take place to ensure appropriate level of competence
- Hold all required STCW95/10 Manila amended certificates
- Have a current medical fitness, eyesight certificate
- Have documents/signed sea time proof of 30 night hours on watch while underway
For Dual (Power and Sail) Endorsement
- You must have a valid AMSA Master certificate. If your rating is over 5 years old you will need to renew it.
- All of the above, plus:·
- Sea time on a sailing vessel equivalent to the IYT Master of Yachts Limited requirements
- Complete navigation exam
- Complete practical assessment
Online E-learning exam can be done at home within 7 days of booking for both endorsements. For those undertaking Dual (Power AND Sail) endorsement: a 1 day practical assessment & navigation exam must take place at Superyacht Crew Academy, refer to website schedule below.
Completing the course does not guarantee passing the exam as this depends on you, your performance and the amount of study you are prepared to put in.
CERTIFICATION YOU WILL ACHIEVE
- International Yacht Training Worldwide (IYT), MCA approved Master of Yachts Limited Shorebased Course
- International Yacht Training Worldwide (IYT), MCA approved Master of Yachts Limited 200 tons POWER &/OR SAIL*
Superyacht Training Location
The practical assessment is run from Superyacht Crew Academy at Newport. The facilities are a 45min drive North of Sydney’s CBD. To see a map of how to find us, CLICK HERE
AUD$1,200 (power OR sail vessel endorsement)
AUD$2,200 (BOTH sail AND power vessel endorsement)
Sign on now!
All fields on the form are required.
If you do not have one of the items, for example a mobile phone or skype or a fax put an "X" in the box.