Superyacht Industry Career Course
LEARN THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECTS OF THE INDUSTRY BEFORE STARTING YOUR SUPERYACHT CAREER
This one-day course is specifically designed to educate you about the ins and outs of the National & International Superyacht Industry. It will provide you with the confidence to get started and approach crew agencies and captains on your job search. Learn how to design and customize a resume/CV specific for the Superyacht Industry. After completing this course you will be armed with vital industry insight to assist in preparing for your Superyacht career and allowing you to work your way up the ranks more successfully.
WHAT DOES THIS COURSE COVER?
About the Industry
- What is a Superyacht?
- What is the Superyacht Industry all about?
- What is the Difference Between a Superyacht and a Cruise Ship?
- Differences Between Private and Charter Yachts for Crew
- Yacht Crew Structure and Ranks - Chain of Command and Hierarchy
- Job Definitions and Responsibilities of the Crew/Roles
- Basic Nautical Terminology
- Flag state registrations
- Relevant Courses and Training required
- What is an STCW95 and How Do I Obtain It?
- What additional courses should I take?
- What is an MCA ENG1 Medical and How Do I Obtain It?
- General Visa Information
- Career Progression
- Yachting Seasons - Mediterranean/Caribbean & other locations
- Choosing Your Location to Start
- Crew Houses & Accommodations
- Local Information and Port Logistics
- How to Customize, Plan and Design Your Resume
- Crew Agencies, registering & how to sell yourself
- How to Use Social Media for Job Searching
- Personal appearance, Professional decorum and Social etiquette
- Preparing for an Interview - both “Face to Face” and over the phone.
- Advanced Interviewing Skills and Techniques
- Bonus Skills relevant to the Industry
- Job Boards & Dock walking
- Superyacht Crew Salaries
- Crew Contracts/Agreements & Expectations
- Working Conditions - Guests on and Guests Off
- Working Hours and Rosters
- Living Aboard a Superyacht & Etiquette
- Vessel Familiarization & Safety
- Building a Life on Board - Crew’s Personal Life
WHAT OTHER COURSES WILL I NEED TO DO?
You will need to complete the STCW95+10 course as the certification is a mandatory requirement for a crew position on a Superyacht. However, STCW95+10 by itself, does not qualify you for a crew position. You need to complete additional training like the Deckhand &/or Stewardess course to gain the certification and experience required if you expect a captain to sign you onboard. If you lack these skills and certification, we recommend you sign up for the Professional Superyacht Interior Crew Package, the Professional Superyacht Deckhand Package or the combined Professional Superyacht Interior Crew & Deckhand Package
This course is ideally for students with limited time to complete courses and can be added onto an STCW95+10 &/or Small Powerboat & RIB Master (tender driving) booking.
1 day, Monday (8.30am – 5.00pm). The week after the STCW95+10 course.
- Jan: 13 2020
- Feb: 03 2020
- Feb: 24 2020
- Mar: 16 2020
- Apr: 05 2020*
- Apr: 27 2020
- May: 18 2020
- June: 15 2020
The course is run from our Superyacht Crew Academy Training Facility at 8 Kalinya Street, Newport. The facilities are a 45min drive North of Sydney’s CBD. To see a map of how to find us, Superyacht Training Facilities
Price AUD $250