YACHT CHIEF STEWARDESS/STEWARD TRAINING COURSE
This Course is for experienced yacht stewardesses or stewards that would like to be promoted to the Chief Stewardess position. Successful completion of this course will allow you to work as a chief stewardess on superyachts of any size anywhere in the world.
Second Steward/ess Workshop
A private one day mentoring workshop designed to promote an experienced Steward/Stewardess to the level of second steward/ess dealing with self confidence, communication, positive attitudes, active listening and rapport, body language, assertiveness, motivation, team work, roistering & scheduling, inventories and provisioning .
Chief Steward/ess Workshop
For the chief steward/ess , this up skilling leadership workshop and private assessment is taught on a one-on-one basis by our experienced chief stewardess trainers. The 1 day mentoring is designed to promote the Steward/Stewardess to the level of Chief /Head dealing with self confidence, communication, positive attitudes, active listening and rapport, body language, assertiveness, motivation, team work, mentoring, resolving conflict and anger, building relationships, negotiation and the management of people.
- Minimum 1, preferably 2 seasons on-board a super yacht (best option 1 yr on same boat)
- Experience of heavy charter boat/season
- Experience of yard/refit period
- Chief Steward/ess Assessment with Superyacht Crew Academy
The main features of our Superyacht Second Stewardess Advancement Course
How to communicate in a more authoritative role
Learn to LISTEN as much, if not more, than speaking.
- Leadership ROLE-PLAY
Deportment - How to now conduct yourself
Lead by example
Earn respect through your actions
Focus on your job
- Delegation & Motivation
Able to demonstrate, assist, oversee and advise on all skills
Instilling a sense of community/family among the crew
Learn Time management skills
Preparation will save the day
Learn to create schedules with the chief Stewardess for charter and non-charter times
Understand all roles and required duties on board
Learn to create inventories in spread sheet form
Understand all information required
Update, complete and oversee
Establish a relationship and be confident in your instructions and/or complaints
Understand everything about them and what you need from them.
Understand how to prepare provisioning
Learn the Accounts system
- Computer Skills
Become confident with computer skills, especially spreadsheets
- Advancement of 'Stewardess' skill level
Practising skills with more responsibility and quality control.
- Develop an instinct for detail - know what to look out for
- Oversee stock control, organisation and placement of all interior products
- Know the superyacht interior by heart
- Understand and be able to efficiently organise 'Stowing' or protection of the Interior.
- Establish or update a maintenance schedule
- Creating Check-lists and testing them out
- Extensive table setting, theme integration and service levels
- Advanced Food and Wine awareness/knowledge
- Event planning/function co-ordination
- Perfecting guest interaction
What additional Superyacht Crew courses can I take to advance my career?
- Advanced/Remote First Aid
- Master Barista Bar Tending/Cocktails
- Wine Education
- Floral Artistry
When does the course run?
See the reservation form below. You can take the one day course at a time to suit your time frame.
Where does the course take place?
The course is run from our Marina Office in Newport NSW Australia and the Superyacht Crew Academy Training Facility at 8 Kalinya Street, Newport. The facilities are a 45min drive North of Sydney’s CBD. To see a map of how to find us, CLICK HERE
How much does the course cost?
2nd Steward/ess Interior Yacht Crew Course OR Chief Steward/ess- 1 day - AUD$850
Sign on now!
All fields on the form are required.
If you do not have one of the items, for example a mobile phone or skype or a fax put an "X" in the box.