NSW Powerboat License Theory Session & Test
NSW Powerboat & PWC Course Information
Sydney Powerboat Academy's powerboat licences are NSW Roads and Maritime Services accredited through recognised training provider "Maritime and Safety Training - M.A.S.T".
The course starts at 9.00am and runs for approximately 5 to 6 hours. This includes the theory seminar, test and practical training. When you have successfully completed one of our comprehensive GENERAL BOAT and/or PWC (Jet Ski) safety training programs and test you will be eligible to apply for the applicable licence with Service NSW. You will be provided with an application form (completed at the course) and must present this at Service NSW along with paying the appropriate licence fee.
About the exam
- 50 multiple choice questions
- First 20 questions must all be answered correctly
- Next 30 questions must have 24 correct answers
- If you fail the first attempt a second attempt may be made immediately. If you fail the second attempt you may resit at a later date at any of our courses or at our office at no extra charge. You can also attend any of our theory seminars at no cost if you feel you need further training.
NSW Powerboat & PWC Course Costs
NSW Boat Licence Costs
- NSW Boat Licence Course: $260
- NSW Boat Licence Course (12-15yrs old): $225
- Theory Seminar & Test ONLY: $115 (candidates must be completing the log book method on a vessel as per RMS website)
- Onboard Practical Training ONLY: $145 (candidates must have completed the theory component at another RTP prior)
PWC (Jet Ski) Licence Costs
- PWC Course: $70 (candidates must already hold a NSW Boat Licence in order to complete the PWC Licence)
- NSW Boat & PWC Licence can be taken on the same day: $315
Onsite group training can be provided at your venue, discounts may apply please make an inquiry using the contact us page.
When & Where do the courses run?
Newport address: 8a Kalinya Street, Newport, NSW, 2106 CLICK HERE
Price AUD $260Book Newport Now