SMALL POWERBOAT AND RIB MASTER DRIVING COURSEBook Now
All crew members need to be certified to drive the yacht's tender.
IYT SMALL POWERBOAT AND RIB MASTER (MCA APPROVED)
This course in handling a superyacht tender is important for every crew member aboard a yacht. Most captains will give preference to new crew applicants that are licensed to operate the tender. You will be issued with an internationally recognised MCA approved certificate for:
- Vessels up to 15m length
- Inboard or outboard propulsion
- No horsepower limitations
- No onboard accommodation
- Operation in coastal regions
- In fair weather
If you plan to operate a small boat in Italy, Greece, Croatia, Portugal, Spain, Turkey, Poland, Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia on any inland waterways in Europe you will also need to have an International Certificate of Competency. This course will enable you to apply for the ICC Power -10 endorsement.
Main Features of the Small Boat Driving Course
Training includes 6 hours of practical onboard training, 5 hours of theory and a 1 hour theory test:
- Safety procedures before and after leaving the dock
- The parts of a motor boat and essential nautical terms
- Getting the motor boat ready to go
- Nautical right of way rules
- Normal and emergency use of a VHF radio
- Steering and docking a motor boat
- How the wind, waves and boat speed effect boat handling
- How to tie four essential knots, coil and secure lines
- Essentials of Anchoring
- Safety equipment on board and how to use it
- Man overboard procedures
- How to read a nautical chart and use a compass
- Plus lots of other nautical information, with plenty of opportunities to ask questions
Required and Suggested Course materials
IYT International Boating & Passport Log book, RIB master manual. Pen and notepaper.
Also bring a hat, sunglasses, suntan cream, a warm jumper, change of clothes (minimal wardrobe needed), and a rain jacket.
BYO lunch and drinks
Please note that there is no smoking on board the boat.
One and one half days - 8.00 AM to approximately 4.00 PM
Superyacht Training Location
The course is run from our Marina Office in Newport NSW Australia and the Superyacht Crew Academy Training Facility at 8 Kalinya Street, Newport. The facilities are a 45min drive North of Sydney’s CBD. To see a map of how to find us, CLICK HERE
When do the courses run?
- Jan 16-17 2018
- Feb 06-07 2018
- Feb 27-28 2018
- Mar 20-21 2018
- April 10-11 2018
- May 08-09 2018
- June 05-06 2018
AUD $620Book Now