STCW 95+10 Refresher Training
STCW Refresher training is now compulsory for revalidation of all STCW’95 certificates with an expiry date after January 1, 2017 or those having no expiration date.
- Basic STCW’95+10 refresher training is now mandatory every five years.
- This is a 1.5 day course of practical training for Personal Survival Techniques and Basic Fire Fighting.
AMSA STCW Holders
This course is an International Yacht Training Worldwide (IYT), Marshall Islands Refresher Course. If you hold an Australian AMSA COST STCW95 certificate you will need refresh your certificate where you completed your original training.
Recognition of In-Service Training
To avoid retaking the entire “Personal Survival Techniques” module, students must complete a self-declaration form declaring they have performed the following duties during drills or simulated exercise situations within the last 5 years:
- Donning a lifejacket
- Boarding a survival craft from ship, while wearing a life jacket
- Taking initial actions on boarding a lifeboat to enhance chance of survival
- Streaming a lifeboat drogue or sea-anchor
- Operating survival craft equipment
- Operating location devices, including radio equipment
Note: vessels’ registered number and dates on board are also required on the declaration.
Download the Declaration Form. Print the form, fill it out and sign it. Bring it with you when you come for training.The form will also be provided upon enrolment.
If unable to provide a Declaration Form showing these duties were performed, the entire sea survival practical and theory module must be taken, please contact us directly for confirmation of dates.
Certification You Will Achieve
All successful graduates receive the International Yacht Training Worldwide (IYT) Certificate of Updated Proficiency in Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting and Personal Survival Techniques. This certification is authorized by the Marshall Islands and recognized by the MCA, 25 governments, and all major crew placement agencies.
Please note: that not all flag states accept STCW certification from other flag states (such as the United States) so please check with your flag state (original STCW course provider) before taking STCW refresher courses.
How Long is the course?
2.5 days if unable to provide the PST self-declaration form
The practical courses are run from the Warringah Aquatic Centre, Frenchs Forest for sea survival and NSW Mines Rescue Service, Argenton for firefighting. The training is NOT conducted at our Newport venue.
- Mar: Thu 18 (Frenchs Forest) & Fri 19 (Argenton)
- Apr: Thu 08 (Argenton) & Sat 10 (Frenchs Forest)
- Apr: Thu 29 (Argenton) & Fri 30 (Frenchs Forest)
- May: Tue 18 (Argenton) & Thu 20 (Frenchs Forest)
- June: Wed 16 (Argenton) & Thu 17 (Frenchs Forest)
(These dates are tentative and subject to change due to COVID-19, please book & we will contact you)
Phone: International + 612 9979 9669 Fax: International + 61 (2) 9979 3463
e-mail us - click here:
Postal Address: Superyacht Crew Academy
PO Box 593, Newport, NSW, 2106, Australia.