STCW 95+10 Refresher Training
STCW Refresher training is now compulsory for revalidation of all STCW’95 certificates with an expiry date after January 1, 2017 or those having no expiration date.
- Basic STCW’95+10 refresher training is now mandatory every five years.
- This is a 1.5 day course of practical training for Personal Survival Techniques and Basic Fire Fighting.
AMSA STCW Holders
This course is an International Yacht Training Worldwide (IYT), Marshall Islands Refresher Course. If you hold an Australian AMSA COST STCW95 certificate you will need refresh your certificate where you completed your original training.
Recognition of In-Service Training
Download the Declaration Form. Print the form, fill it out and sign it. Bring it with you when you come for training. The form will also be provided upon enrolment.
- Donning a lifejacket
- Boarding a survival craft from ship, while wearing a life jacket
- Taking initial actions on boarding a lifeboat to enhance chance of survival
- Streaming a lifeboat drogue or sea-anchor
- Operating survival craft equipment
- Operating location devices, including radio equipment
Download the Declaration Form. Print the form, fill it out and sign it. Bring it with you when you come for training.
If unable to provide a Declaration Form showing these duties were practiced during drills, the entire sea survival practical and theory module must be redone.
How Long is the course?
2.5 days if unable to provide statutory declaration of sea survival duties
The practical courses are run from the Warringah Aquatic Centre, Frenchs Forest for sea survival and NSW Mines Rescue Service, Argenton for firefighting. The training is NOT conducted at our Newport venue.
1.5 days, Friday & Saturday
- Sept 15 & 18 (French’s Forest & Kemp’s Creek locations)
- Oct: 20 & 23 (French’s Forest & Kemp’s Creek locations)
- Nov: 27-28
(These dates are tentative and subject to change due to COVID-19, please book & we will contact you)
Phone: International + 612 9979 9669 Fax: International + 61 (2) 9979 3463
e-mail us - click here:
Postal Address: Superyacht Crew Academy
PO Box 593, Newport, NSW, 2106, Australia.