STCW 95+10 Refresher TrainingBook Now
After 1 January 2017 REVALIDATION OF STCW 95+10 CERTIFICATES will require proof of Refresher Training.
If your STCW 95+10 certificate expires after 1 January 2017 you will need to complete STCW 95+10 Refresher Training before it will be renewed. Sign up for your refresher training now to be sure you will be able to renew next year.
- Basic STCW’95+10 refresher training is now mandatory every five years.
- This is a 2 day course of practical training for Personal Survival Techniques and Basic Fire Fighting.
AMSA STCW Holders
This course is an International MCA, Marshall Islands Refresher Course. If you hold an Australian AMSA COST STCW95 certificate you will need refresh your certificate where you completed your original training.
Recognition of In-Service Training
You may be eligible to avoid retaking the entire “Personal Sea Survival Techniques” module. To qualify you must complete a statutory declaration form that includes the vessels registered number and dates onboard stating you have performed the following duties during drills or simulated exercise situations within the last 5 years:
- Donning a lifejacket
- Boarding a survival craft from ship, while wearing a life jacket
- Taking initial actions on boarding a lifeboat to enhance chance of survival
- Streaming a lifeboat drogue or sea-anchor
- Operating survival craft equipment
- Operating location devices, including radio equipment
Download the Declaration Form. Print the form, fill it out and sign it. Bring it with you when you come for training.
If unable to provide a Declaration Form showing these duties were practiced during drills, the entire sea survival practical and theory module must be redone.
How Long is the course?
2.5 days if unable to provide statutory declaration of sea survival duties
The practical courses are run from the Qantas Jet base, Mascot for sea survival and TAFE NSW – Nirimba College, Quakers Hill for firefighting.
- 18-19 August 2017
- 14 & 16 September 2017* (Thursday & Saturday)
- 06-07 October 2017
- 27-28 October 2017
- 16 & 18 November 2017* (Thursday & Saturday)
- 08-09 December 2017
- 12-13 January 2018
- 02-03 February 2018
- 23-24 February 2018
- 16-17 March 2018
- 06-07 April 2018
- 04-05 May 2018
- 01-02 June 2018
- 29-30 June 2018
Phone: International + 612 9979 9669 Fax: International + 61 (2) 9979 3463
e-mail us - click here:
Postal Address: Superyacht Crew Academy
PO Box 593, Newport, NSW, 2106, Australia.