Master up to 24M Near Coastal to Master of Yachts 200Ton (Limited) Offshore Crossover Course
Upgrade your Australian Master 24m NC ticket to a Master of Yachts 200ton (Limited) certification and Captain superyachts registered in 23 countries wherever they might be.
Australian Master up to 24M NC Crossover to IYT Master of Yachts 200Ton (Limited)
If you would like to expand your horizons and work as a Master/Captain/Skipper on the world’s finest super yachts anywhere in the world, you can now upgrade your Master up to 24m NC certification to an International Yacht Training certified Master of Yachts 200 tons (limited) Offshore for Sail or Motor driven vessels.
The Master of Yachts 200ton (Limited) certification will allow you to work on commercial and private vessels as:
- Master of 200 ton vessel up to 150 nautical miles offshore
- Chief Mate of 500 ton vessel up to 150 nautical miles offshore
- Chief Mate of< 200 ton vessel all oceans
- OOW (Officer of the Watch) of a 500 ton vessel all oceans.
Certification You Will Achieve
- International Yacht Training Worldwide (IYT), MCA approved Master of Yachts Limited Shorebased Course
- International Yacht Training Worldwide (IYT), MCA approved Master of Yachts Limited 200 tons POWER &/OR SAIL
Master 24m to Master of Yachts 200Ton (Limited) Crossover Requirements:
For Single or Dual (Power &/or Sail) Endorsement
- Successfully complete the IYT Online Business & Maritime Law E-Learning exam
- You must have a valid unrestricted AMSA Master <24m NC certificate. If your rating is over 5 years old you will need to renew it.
- Hold all required STCW95/10 Manila amended certificates
- A current medical exam and eyesight colour blindness test. Medicals accepted include:
- ENG1 Medical
- AMSA Certificate of Medical Fitness for International Certificates (AMSA 303)
- AMSA Certificate of Medical Fitness for Domestic Seafarers (AMSA 1850) – This medical is not sufficient for employment in the superyacht industry, only for obtaining certification.
- IYT Eyesight & Medical Fitness Standard Form (Available on IYT’s website) – This medical is not sufficient for employment in the superyacht industry, only for obtaining certification.
- Have documents/signed sea time proof of the following requirements on a power or sailing vessel. If your AMSA M24 COC was issued PRIOR to 1/1/2023 you only need to provide evidence of Night Hours.
Sea time notes:
- Sea time must be on a yacht (at least 10m in length) which can be defined as a non-cargo carrying vessel for recreational or commercial charter purposes.
- You must be an active crew member at sea; therefore, a day is defined as a period of 8 consecutive hours.
- We do not accept shipyard service and stand-by service as sea time.
- The term “at sea” is defined as being on a vessel outside of any harbour – natural or artificial – in which a cruising yacht could secure or anchor for a prolonged period.
- The nautical miles must be on genuine cruises or passages, not short-day trips. The candidate must have considerable time of actual vessel handling.
- The minimum 1,500 nm for the power endorsement cannot include sea time on any monohull sailing vessel driven under power.
- The Night Hours must be ON WATCH while underway
Online E-learning exam can be done remotely, preferably within 7 days of booking.
- AUD $1500 (single endorsement)
- AUD $1650 (dual endorsement)
Not applicable, online course only.