Professional Superyacht Interior CrewBook Now
Internationally Recognised Training for Stewardesses and Stewards
The Superyacht Crew Academy 6 day course is a complete Professional Superyacht Hospitality Steward or Stewardess course. This course places great emphasis on becoming an industry ready and desirable employee. Giving you the theoretical and practical skills necessary to be an active crew member onboard a superyacht, the 6 day Course will ensure students become job ready, as they write and complete an industry specific resume with the guidance of industry specialists, and submit it to job agencies during the course, as well as participate in interview roleplays and undertake further crew management training. Students will also receive further cocktail, spirit, beer and bartending training, and can utilise specialist one-on-one training with our instructors to consolidate their new industry skills.
The Professional Superyacht Interior Crew course is specifically designed to set you on your pathway as a professional Steward or Stewardess. If you haven't worked in in a professional hospitality setting before this is definitely the course for you.
The Superyacht Crew Academy IYT Professional Superyacht Interior Crew Course will provide you with multiple skills and a professional knowledge of your role onboard as a Superyacht Stewardess or Steward. Successful graduates can confidently accept any Steward or Stewardess assignment on superyachts anywhere in the world.
CERTIFICATION YOU WILL ACHIEVE
All successful graduates receive the following certification:
- IYT Professional Superyacht Hospitality
PLUS a certificate of completion from Superyacht Crew Academy listing all of the training modules covered.
Our Internationally Recognised Certifications are your entrée to getting a job aboard a Superyacht
The IYT Professional Superyacht Interior Crew certification is the only internationally recognised qualification for superyacht interior crews. Your graduation certificate will be accredited by International Yacht Training (IYT) Worldwide, who has recognition with 25 governments across the globe.
In addition, Superyacht Crew Academy is an Australian Nationally Recognised Registered Training Organisation and if you complete the STCW95+10 training with us you will also qualify for a ‘Statement of Attainment’ known as the Shipboard Safety Skill Set. This certificate will allow you to work on Australian commercial vessels.
The Superyacht Crew Academy has established over the years a global network with leading recruitment agencies overseas and within Australia. All of these Superyacht Crew recruitment agencies ‘acknowledge’ and welcome the IYT Professional Superyacht Interior Crew certification.
Work Experience before heading overseas
Immediately after the training course, deckhands and Stewards or Stewardesses will have the opportunity to gain work experience face to face with guests. This is a great way to put your new found skills into play cruising Sydney Harbour and it will be a real bonus for your resume to have your guest service with sea miles logged off by the Captain.
This is the entry level course for superyacht crew and anyone with a reasonable command of the English language, who is over 18 years old, in good health, and without colour blindness can sign up for the course.
Either before or after you start your Steward/ess training you will need to have completed a six day STCW95+10 Basic Safety Course (Standards of Training Certification and Watch keeping for Seafarers), that is compulsory for all crew on superyachts.
The STCW95+10 gives you the minimum standard of qualification required to work on vessels of any size and equips you with a detailed understanding of what to do in the event of marine emergencies.
Superyacht Crew Academy conducts regular STCW95+10 courses in Sydney during which you will study safety and sea survival, first aid and CPR, fire fighting including use of breathing apparatus and personal and social responsibilities and vessel security. The STCW95+10 can be packaged with the Steward or Stewardess course or you can do the two separately. Click here to view our STCW95+10 course
An excellent Steward or Stewardess is polite and well-groomed. The skills needed to perform a steward or stewardess job are not difficult to learn but the attitude and art of good service is something that takes training and practice. A Steward or Stewardess requires a blend of responsibility, maturity and self-discipline along with a great sense of humour and pride of exceptional performance with meticulous attention to detail both in assigned duties and in personal presentation.
Some of the skills and knowledge necessary to be a Steward or Stewardess are
- Security, confidentiality and privacy issues
- Professional etiquette in communication, personal hygiene, appearance and attitude
- International protocol and correct forms of address
- All styles of food service and entertainment planning
- Provisioning and product inventories
- Decanting, purchasing, service and storage of fine wines
- Care of exotic furnishings, finishes and fabrics
- Laundry procedures
- Floral Arrangement
- Guest care and valet services
Program for the Professional Superyacht Interior Crew course
- Attention to finalising resume
- One on one consulting with industry specialist
- Job agency resume submission
- Interview roleplay
- Inventory Templates
- Work & Duties Schedules
- Overview of Shipyard Period
- Skeleton Crew management
- Introduction to managing yacht accounts
- In depth analysis of roles and duties of high level Stewardess positions
- Day-to-day Stewardess management
- Become familiar with cleaning standards & supplies and the use of products
- Learn how to use whitegoods, irons, presses and other laundry equipment found on Superyachts
- Interior and exterior detailing
- Cabin cleaning and preparation, bed making, & turn-down service
- General housekeeping
- Cleaning with guests onboard and in non-guest periods
- Laundry products and stain removal advice and hints for success
- Valet Services
- Impeccable care of exotic furnishings, finishes and fabrics
- Provisioning and product inventories
- Silver Service: French, Russian, British, American & Chinese
- Table settings
- Napkin folding
- Identification glassware, cutlery & service utensils
- Care and storage of fine china, silverware, stemware
- Serving order, meal sequence and clearing order
- Plated & other types of Service
- Buffet setups, Parties, Picnics, Afternoon tea service
- Caviar Service: Russian/French
- Dietary requirements: vegetarian, Kosher, Muslim & others
- Alcohol serving
- Advanced spirit & beer education
- Practical cocktail making excursion
- Advanced bartending techniques
- Provide advice on Australian & Imported wines
- Decanting, purchasing, service and storage of fine wines
- Advanced cocktail making
- Cocktail garnishing techniques
- Food & beverage matching
- Cheese tasting
- Barista Training
- Use & maintenance of machine
- Roasting & origin
- Extraction of coffee
- Milk texturising
- Pouring techniques
- Coffee art
- Cleaning & maintenance of machine
- Fruit basket presentation
- Food safety and hygiene
- Flower appreciation & caring for flowers
- Hints on floral arrangements & vases
Chief Stewardess Course
Do you already have a year of experience as a stewardess and are ready to take the next step? Yacht Chief Stewardess.
What other qualifications will I need?
Stewardesses and Stewards also require the mandatory STCW 95+10 certification. Superyacht Crew Academy can assist with this requirement if you are not already qualified.
Most captains require all members of their crew to be able to operate the superyacht tender, to use a VHF radio and to know the basic rules that govern life aboard a ship. You can also sign up for the 3 day Small Powerboat & RIB master course which runs Mon-Wed the week after this Steward/ess course.
Completing all three training courses makes certain you will stand out from other new comers to the industry when you start hunting for a position on a Superyacht. In addition to learning essential skills for achieving excellence as an interior crew member you will learn the basic rules for working aboard a superyacht plus obtain an internationally recognised RIB small power boat certificate and instruction on operating VHF radios. Students train in their roles in a 'simulated superyacht environment' interacting with each other onboard during the seamanship and RIB small power boat practical.
When do the courses run?
6 days, Monday - Saturday. The STCW95+10 course is run the week prior.
- Jan: 13-18
- Feb: 03-08
- Feb: 24-29
- Mar: 16-21
- Apr: 05-10*
- Apr: 27-02 May
- May: 18-23
- June: 15-20
*April course, Sun-Fri due to Easter
Where do the courses take place?
The course is run from our Marina Office in Newport NSW Australia and the Superyacht Crew Academy Training Facility at 8 Kalinya Street, Newport. The facilities are a 45min drive North of Sydney’s CBD. To see a map of how to find us, Superyacht Training Facilities
How much do the courses cost?
6 day Complete Stewardess or Steward training package - The complete training package and most likely to put you at the head of the list for crew positions includes all training materials for practicals & theory.
Price AUD $2,295Book Now
Book both the STCW95+10 and either the Superyacht Stewardess or Deck Crew course to receive a $250 discount!!! To access this package discount you must book and pay in full 4 weeks in advance. This discount will be applied to your final payment – NB: Contact us before making the final payment to receive the unique promo code necessary to apply the $250 discount. Plus, you can add the 3 day Small Powerboat & RIB master course to your package booking and save an additional $85!!!